Gramma Sok's Chocolate Haystack cookies with Cadbury Mini Eggs on top. Simple, easy, adorable, and yummy!
1. Set the eggs on a shallow dish and set aside.
2. Prep a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
3. Mix and set aside in large bowl:
2 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup coconut
4. Mix in a saucepan and gently boil for three minutes:
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 cup butter
5. Once your mixture has boiled for three minutes pour it over the oats and coconut, drop by forkful onto the wax paper, slightly press eggs into center of cookie, refrigerate until firm.
6. If you want to go the extra mile serve on shredded green paper "grass" or pretty plate or napkin or doily.
You can use margarine instead of butter.
They can firm up outside of the fridge too.