Where are the classes?
Creative Yoga best supports you in one-on-one and small group environments at your home or hers and you are always welcome to attend any of her public classes which, after a break, will be posted here.
What is Creative Yoga?
- you are given options during the poses so you can choose which work best for your goals
- includes practical education about anatomy
- works with your unique body (including injury and fitness history)
- takes the mystery out of yoga by using very few Sanksrit words
- translates yoga philosophies to support how we use our bodies now
- blends fitness with yoga for the best of both worlds
- provides a foundation for injury prevention
- teaches you how to bring yoga into your whole life
I'm not very flexible. Can I do yoga?
Being stiff is a great reason to do yoga! You will become flexible and learn why being super flexible is over-rated anyway.
I'm overweight. Can I do yoga?
Absolutely! Creative Yoga is for any body. It will prove to you that being juicy can't stop you from accessing all the benefits of yoga.
Does my religion conflict with yoga?
Not at all! Yoga's central philosophy honors that everything is connected. Your god can be one of, and even the source of, all interconnected things.
What are other benefits of doing yoga?
- slows aging through keeping/gaining strength, balance, flexibility and keeping the brain working
- an extra edge for sports including running, cycling, and golf
- regain pelvic floor strength
- injury prevention
- better sleep
- better sex
- gently return to fitness after inactivity, whether due to lifestyle, injury, or surgery
- gain confidence through body awareness
- relaxing becomes easier with the mindfulness aspects